Saturday, October 2, 2010

Refresh to Be Refreshed

Thursday, September 23, 2010. Day 2 of Computer Lab

As I entered the Computer Lab today I was quite surprised to see that it was still basically organized the way I had organized it the day before. The beginning to my "shift" was dedicated to a little dusting and cleaning of monitors, key boards and mouses (is that proper verbiage?). As a nurse and having OCD, the inability to clean/scrub the key boards was a bit stressful. Thinking of the hands that had touched this technology and where those hands have been...can you imagine?

Scott to the rescue! Can you download this program onto 7 of the computers? Absolutely...directions and passwords were pass on, downloading I go...After completing the downloads two other 880 students arrived...Guess where I took them? You guessed it...the basement!

We were sent to find a replacement CPU for room 124...sorting through the surplus and "keep" CPUs we were unable to find exactly what we needed. With a brief explanation to Scott, on to the next project...

A student approached me and asked for help! "I can't get my document to print"...a trip to their computer station...explanation and education success! The student thanked me for helping her complete her assignment! So, long story short, I was able to re-fresh the student's confidence and in return I was able to refresh my confidence...a great way to succeed in education!
"He who refreshes others will himself be refreshed."
~Proverbs 11:25~


No comments:

Post a Comment